In the spirit of mutual cooperation, this activity is intended to identify a long-term shared agenda between the two Cities in the field of sustainable development through each other’s cultural heritage.
This seeks to valorise the vibrant arts and culture landscape in the cities of Sekondi-Takoradi and Palermo to spur socio-economic development.
This activity also seeks to implement interventions that link sustainable development to social protection and livelihood improvement through the creation of safe-spaces and enhanced access to basic sanitary facilities for vulnerable women and youth, and sustainable and decent jobs for the unemployed.
Specific Objective: To Stimulate an Inclusive and Culturally-Sensitive Urban Landscape for Vulnerable Groups
Activities to be Implemented:
- Construct 1-demonstration farms, equipped with a greenhouse and irrigation facility.
- Training of 50 Vulnerable Groups (including fisherfolk), 50 Small-holder Vegetable Farmers and 200 unemployed women and youth in Urban Agriculture
- Plant 5,000 fruit-trees to address food security at community level
- Selection of poor neighbourhoods to improve sanitation and health and preparatory meetings with local communities
- Provision of decent toilet facilities for 500 housing units to benefit households improving sanitation and health
- Public health behavioural change campaigns on Wash and Covid-19
- Transnational cultural festival in Sekondi-Takoradi and Palermo
- Creation of two well-resourced youth-friendly reproductive health kiosks
- Community campaigns targeting youth-oriented and gender-sensitive topics: adolescent reproductive health, gender-based violence; inclusive education, irregular migration