In spite of the numerous challenges confronting the authorities of Sekondi-Takoradi in their quest to position the Metropolis as a world-class city with opportunities for all,
it is imperative that the enabling environments are created for both right-holders and duty-bearers to engage one another for the common cause of improving the living conditions of the people.
This activity is aligned with the city authorities desire to pursue interventions aimed at capacity enhancement and strengthening the twinning-relationship with the Municipality of Palermo to enable co-creation and implementation of sustainable, participatory and inclusive urban management strategies to address the problems of rapid urbanization, climate change, exclusion, unemployment, irregular migration and preparedness to battle infectious disease outbreaks such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
Specific Objective: To enhance multi-level urban governance in the Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolitan Area, oriented towards a green, inclusive and culturally-sensitive integrated urban development.
Activities to be Implemented:
- Training of 150 members of Metropolitan Planning Coordinating Unit, Spatial Planning Committee and Stakeholders in Integrated Urban Governance and Spatial Planning.
- Training of representatives of 40 multiple stakeholders and 60 community leaders on social accountability tools
- Co-design the functionalities of the STMA’s e-Governance platform
- Provision of technical assistance services for upgrading the STMA’s e-Governance platform
- Conduct a multi-dimensional baseline survey on integrated urban development among local citizens through the STMA’s e-Governance platform
- Organization of quarterly awareness events on municipal rates and fees to enhance revenue generation
- Transnational exchange visits to strengthen the twining-relationship between the cities of Sekondi-Takoradi and Palermo (Italy)